Welcome to OSTEGO! To help inform you, we provide this notice explaining our online information privacy policies, practices, and the choices you can make about the collection and use of information you submit or we collect through our websites ostego.com and our other related mobile websites, services, tools, and other applications (collectively, the “Site”). The Site is owned and operated by OSTEGO LLC, a Colorado Limited Liability Company.
Scope and Consent
Information We Collect
- Registration and Account Information:
If you register for an account with us (including through third-party login credentials as described in 2 (c) below), you will be asked to provide information such as your name, email address, phone number, and address. When you register an account, create a profile, purchase products or services, or otherwise engage with our Site or Services, you may provide additional information. You may also upload photographs for your account/profile.
- Information to Respond to Your Requests:
You may give us information such as your email address so we can send you newsletters and other communications you request. Details of how you can opt-out of receiving any communications from us are detailed in the section headed Your Choices below.
- Social Media Information:
- Information About Others/Inviting Friends:
From time to time you may choose to submit information about other people to invite them to join the OSTEGO community. Inviting friends is always optional. You should check that your friends consent to your sharing of their information before submitting it to us.
- Information From Other Sources:
The information we collect may be combined with information from outside records (e.g., demographic information, navigation information, and/or additional contact information) that we have acquired from and about you, consistent with applicable legal requirements.
- Content You Post and Associate With Your Profile on the Site:
The community and posting sections of the Site give you an opportunity to voluntarily provide us with information regarding your opinions and reviews of products. Also, your profile may contain a photograph or other information that identifies you. In addition, the content you post and recommendations you make may provide information about your beliefs to us. If you choose to post such information, you acknowledge and agree that such information will be viewable by us and other users of the Site.
- Mobile Information:
We may collect additional information from you if you access our Site through a mobile device (e.g. your unique device identifier, device’s operating system, mobile carrier, general location or, with your consent, your precise GPS/geo-location).
- Technical Usage Information:
- Geolocation Information:
Uses and Retention
We use the information we collect from and about you for the following purposes:
- Operate Our Site:
We use the information collected to (i) respond to your requests; (ii) provide customer service (e.g., to resolve disputes, problems with your account/profile or the Site); (iii) personalize your experience by providing content on the Site, including targeted advertising that we believe may be of most interest to you; (iv) improve the Site; (v) give you information about your account; (vi) provide you with a safe, efficient, and customized experience; and (vii) to support other internal business operations.
- Create De-Identified and Aggregate Non-Personal Information:
We de-identify and or aggregate information about our users such that the information can no longer be used to individually identify them and use such information to analyze Site and user behavior and prepare aggregated reports.
- Prevent Fraud:
We use information to prevent, detect, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our Terms and Conditions.
- Communicate With You:
We use your information to contact you to maintain the Site, your account, your Application Account, to comply with your stated communication preferences, to provide other services requested by you, as described at the time when we collect the information from you, to send you marketing communications, or contact you for other purposes authorized by law.
We retain information the information we collect from and about you for as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations, and in accordance with applicable legal requirements. You consent to our retention of your video viewing tracking data for as long as permissible under applicable law — up to one year after you close your account or otherwise withdraw consent for video tracking.
Information collected on the Site may be shared with:
- OSTEGO LLC:
We may share the information we collect about you with our affiliates and subsidiaries, as well as with third-party suppliers. The information may be disclosed to: (i) provide joint content and our services (e.g., registration, transactions, analytics and customer support); (ii) help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts, violations of our policies, fraud and/or data security breaches; and (iii) guide decisions about our, OSTEGO or a third-party’s products, sites, applications, services, tools and communications. Members of our corporate family will use this information to send you marketing communications and you will have the opportunity to opt-out in email communications.
- Service Providers and Other Third-Parties:
We may disclose your information to service providers under contract who help with our business operations (such as, but not limited to, data hosting services, payment processors, fraud investigations, advertising, site analytics and operations).
- Other Entities with Your Consent:
Other third parties to whom you explicitly ask us to send your information (or about whom you are otherwise explicitly notified and consent to when using a specific service). On the Site, you may have opportunities to express interest in or register for other services. If you do, we will provide information about you to those third-parties, or parties working on their behalf, to implement your request.
- Legal and Law Enforcement:
We may provide your information to law enforcement, governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in good faith in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other OSTEGO user to legal liability. In such events, we will only disclose information relevant and necessary to the investigation or inquiry, such as name, city, state, zip code, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints and anything else we may deem relevant to the investigation.
- Change of Control – New Owners:
- Ad Networks:
- Companies in The Mobile App Industry:
If you access the Site through a mobile device, we may also share your information with carriers, operating systems and platforms.
- Information You Share on the Site
You can control how and when you want to receive marketing notifications and communications from OSTEGO by following the unsubscribe options included in such communications and notices. It may take us some time to process your request in accordance with our legal requirements. Also, please note that you may not opt-out of administrative emails (for example, emails about your transactions or policy changes) for your registered account.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
A few additional important things you should know about our use of tracking technologies:
- We offer certain features that are available only through the use of tracking technologies.
- We use both session and persistent tracking technologies. Tracking technologies (e.g., cookies) can either be persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser). You are always free to decline tracking technologies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Site. Refer to the help section of your browser, browser extensions, or installed applications for instructions on blocking, deleting, or disabling tracking technologies such as cookies.
- You may encounter tracking technologies/cookies from our third-party service providers that we have allowed on our Site that assist us with various aspects of our Site operations and services, such as Google Analytics.
- You also may encounter tracking technologies from third parties on certain pages of the websites that we do not control and have not authorized. (For example, if you view a web page created by another user, there may be a cookie placed by that web page.)
Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing Your Personal Information
Registered members can review and change certain information about them in accordance with applicable legal rights at any time by accessing their accounts on the Site. You should promptly update your information if it changes or becomes inaccurate. We may retain some information from closed accounts so that we can comply with law, prevent fraud, assist with investigations, resolve disputes, analyze, or troubleshoot programs, enforce our Terms and Conditions, or take other actions permitted by law. Likewise, if your account or membership is terminated or suspended, we may maintain some information to prevent re-registration.
Additional Privacy Information for California Residents
- If you are a California resident, California law requires large companies to provide you with some additional information regarding the “personal information” (as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)) they collect from and about you, and your rights with respect to your personal information. Ostego is currently not required to take any action under the CCPA, but should we in the future meet any CCPA threshold, details about CCPA compliance would be found on this page.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals for California Residents: California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended effective January 1, 2014) provides that California residents are entitled to know how OSTEGO responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. OSTEGO does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
Additional Privacy Information for Nevada Residents
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents who have purchased goods or services from us may opt out of the “sale” of “covered information” (as such terms are defined under Nevada law) for monetary consideration to a person for that person to license or sell such information to additional persons. OSTEGO does not engage in such “sales” of “covered information,” but if it were to do so in the future, a Nevada resident who has purchased goods or services from us would have the right to submit a request to opt out of future “sales” activity emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity and the authenticity of the request.
Our Site may contain links to other third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these third-party sites and urge you to review their posted privacy policies.
We store and process your information on our servers located in the United States. We maintain technical, physical, and administrative security measures to protect the security of your information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls, data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers and information access authorization controls. However, please note that no security measures or transmissions over the Internet can be 100% guaranteed to protect your information. It is your responsibility to make sure that your information is accurate and that your password(s) and account registration information are secure and not shared with third-parties.
The Site is a general audience site and it is not intended for children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect “personal information” (as defined by the United States Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act or “COPPA”) on our Site.
Notification Regarding Updates
If your questions are not answered online, you may email us at email@example.com
Last Updated: January 12, 2020